Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Freezer Burritos

    

     This recipe for freezer burritos was one I actually had an idea for before I found a similar recipe on Money Saving Mom. Mine is just slightly different.
     First, I sauteed a (deseeded) jalepeno diced into tiny pieces and about 1/4 cup diced onion. Then I added 2 12 oz cans of cooked chicken breast, followed by a 15 oz can of fat-free refried beans and about 1/4-1/3 cup salsa. Make sure it is thoroughly mixed.


 
      Next, spoon some of the mixture onto tortillas and sprinkle some shredded cheese on top and fold into a burrito. The amount will vary depending on the size of the tortillas and how full you want them to be.

 
     I laid some of the burritos on a tray to freeze before putting them in a gallon sized ziploc bag to freeze long-term.   
     A few days later, I took out as many as we wanted, baked them in the oven and served with salsa and sour cream. They were really great! You can also microwave for 2 minutes.
     Quick and easy and ready to go lunch!

 

3 comments:

  1. We love Mexican food in my house...this seems quick and easy, and probably a lot better than the frozen ones at Shoprite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to freeze them. This would be perfect for me with my kids. They sometimes have strange schedules so I have to scrable to figure out what is for dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Question? Comments? Or just say hi! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...