Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Children's/Infant's Advil


     When one of my kids gets a fever, my first choice for them is Infant's or Children's Advil. Why not? After all, Advil is what I use for myself. So it makes sense I would use it for my kids, right?
     I have gotten the store brand ibuprofen in the past (both for myself and the kids) and while it does work, it always seemed to me it took a little longer to "kick in" than Advil.
     So now, even though it might cost a little more than the store brand, I think it is worth it to have the real stuff on hand. And you can find coupons for Infant/Children's Advil rather frequently and if you combine it with a sale, there is not a whole lot of price difference from the store brand. Actually, it may be slightly cheaper!
     Although I generally try to avoid medication just for minor pain that will probably pass soon, I will give it to them if I feel they need it. Fortunately, I haven't had to do that too often. But Infants/Children's Advil is my first choice for that too.
     If you have a newborn under 6 months, you should wait until they're 6 months old to start using ibuprofin. And remember to always read labels when using medication!
     Click here for more info and to be directed to a $1.50 off coupon!

*I received a sample of Infant's Advil from Smiley 360. I was not required to post about it and all opinions are my own.*

7 comments:

  1. This is perfectly timed as my oldest is sick as a dog right now,thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always keep this on hand, it never fails that it is 3 am when a fever strikes, I love that I can trust Advil to help quickly and last a long time so my little one can rest and feel better. Thank you for the coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always keep this on hand!!! ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this finally back in stores? For the longest time I couldn't find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son's pediatrician actually recommends Advil over Tylenol for fevers and minor pain (like teeth cutting in). It's a staple in our medicine cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I only use Tylenol the first 6 months, and if medication needs to be stacked.

      Delete

Question? Comments? Or just say hi! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...