Friday, January 25, 2013

Alpha-Bits Cereal, featuring Super Why!





      I recently got a chance to try out some Post Alpha-Bits cereal via BzzAgent. I had tried Alpha-Bits once or twice as a kid, but it had been years since I'd had it and this was the first time my daughter got to try it.
     So, what can I say about Alpha Bits cereal? Well, it is a little sweet, though I think a little less so than some other sweetened cereals on the market. It is great for kids and adults alike. You can serve it for breakfast or snacks! And of course the pieces are shaped like letters, which makes it extra fun for young children who are still larning their alphabet.
     Now, Alpha-Bits is featuring Super Why!, the PBS children's series that teaches children reading skills through classic storybook characters.
     A fun little activity to do with Alph-Bits cereal is to grab a handful and see if your child can recognize the letters. Once they have identified a letter, let them eat it! You can also spell short words for beginning readers and have them guess the word. It's a great way to make snack time fun and educational!
    
*I received a sample of this product via BzzAgent. i was not required to write a blog post and any opinions expressed are my own.*

3 comments:

  1. I remember feeding this cereal to my children and spelling words also, so long ago. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has always been my son's favorite cereal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have eaten alpha bits for years, it's my fave, and I like to see what words I can make! Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Question? Comments? Or just say hi! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...