Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 in Review

I did this last year and thought I would do it again this year, just for kicks. :-)

1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
 Made homemade laundry detergent and attempted homemade dish soap. Also, gave birth without an epidural.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Some of them I kept, others still need work. My "resolutions" will be pretty much the same this year--hopefully I will keep them!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
 My sister-in-law had her first baby.
 
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.
5. What countries did you visit?
Just this one.

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
I hope to get more organized and better with things like meal planning. Just making more productive use of my time in general.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The birth of my son on Valentine's Day. My hubby had to deliver him because there was no one else in the room. :-/
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
 Haveing my son.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting too much time get wasted.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
The normal round of sickness in flu season.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I'd like to say the used van we got, since it means no more "car payment." Howver, the $1,500 repair we had to have done took the wind out of that one. :-(
12. Where did most of your money go?
Rent and other bills, without a doubt.
13. What did you get really excited about?
Getting pregnant and finding out it's a boy!
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
I don't know--I don't listen to music that much.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? about the same
– thinner or fatter? fatter...:-(
– richer or poorer I feel poorer because of the debt.
:-/
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
organizing, planning and saving. Also, working on my book more.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
spending money
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Drove to Florida to see my hubby's folks.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
 Didn't really watch TV shows consistently.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
I read the Twilight books...again
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
I don't really have any
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
The Hobbit and Breaking Dawn 2
 
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 31 and my grandparents came to visit.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Enough money to pay off my debts
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
jeans and a tshirt, except at church, when I wear a skirt
26. What kept you sane?
Reading, writing, the internet
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
You need to take time to reflect once in a while and count your blessings, because it can always be worse!
-----
Let me know if you do this 2012 in Review too, I'd love to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Question? Comments? Or just say hi! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...