Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Storyland Yoga Product Review




     I've had the opportunity through tomoson.com to review the Storyland Yoga DVD from Playful Planet. Storyland Yoga is yoga for kids. It is a yoga DVD that is geared toward young children (ages 3-8). It makes yoga and fitness fun for children through story telling.
     I was interested in this DVD because my daughter often tries to imitate me when I do yoga on my Wii Fit game. She is too young to do many of the poses properly, but I think it is good for her to get in the habit, and as she gets older she will get better at it.
     The Storyland DVD uses interactive story-telling to get kids interested in yoga. For example, pretending to be a snake or mermaid or sailing a boat are all yoga poses.
     There are two different stories to choose from: Condor Trek and Save the Whale. Several of the poses in each of these stories are the same, though they are called by different names. And although the instructor only did each pose a short time, it still gives you a workout.
     Mostly I had to do the workout too before my daughter would do it. Some of these moves made me feel old! Especially the ones where you have to jump from one pose to another! So I had to rest at various intervals. It was super-cute watching her do the yoga poses, though! And she will sometimes say she wants to watch "yoga." 
     If you have kids you are trying get more active or want to introduce your children to yoga, this a great choice for a kids yoga DVD! And if you do it with them, you might get a nice little workout yourself! 
     Go here to read more about the DVD. You can purchase the DVD on amazon or download the individual stories here. The individual stories are cheaper, but the DVD has a bonus feature that shows various poses, some of which I don't recall seeing in either of the stories. 
     Make sure you also check out the Playful Planet website for lots of other resources for teaching your kids about health, fitness and conservation. 
 
*I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Question? Comments? Or just say hi! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...