Friday, June 1, 2012

Skillet Bacon Jam Review




     I recently got the opportunity to try out Skillet Bacon Jam through Tomoson.com. Though I'm not a fan of bacon, my husband is, and there are certain things (like green beans or cornbread) he thinks should have a piece or two of bacon in them for seasoning. I don't mind a hint of the taste in some foods, but I don't like the strong smell of cooking bacon. So i thought this would be great to try--the flavor without cooking. 
     Skillet Bacon Jam is pretty much what the name says. It is a rather gelatainous, bacon-flavored condiment you could use as a spread or flavoring. It contains the flavors of bacon, onions and spices and you can smell it when you open the jar! 
     My husband refused to try it as a spread, but liked it when I added it to the green beans. Green beans are a staple vegetable around here, but I think I cook them a little too bland for his taste. Usually I just add a little salt and onion, but the last couple of times I added the Bacon Jam. 
     The first time I used it I just tried to cook the onions in the Skillet Jam. The onions seemed to soak it all up, however, and I was afraid it wouldn't be enough to add the flavor, so I still ended up adding a little extra to the green beans. 
     The second time, I was in more of a hurry, so I just used dehydrated onions and added about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the Skillet Jam to a can of green beans heated on the stove. Both times they turned out pretty good. I didn't taste too much of a bacon flavor--maybe I will up it to 2 teaspoons next time--but my husband liked them, and so did I. 
     If you would like to find out more about Skillet Bacon Jam and their other products, check out their website here. You can also direct any inquiries to them at eat@skilletstreetfood.com

*I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Question? Comments? Or just say hi! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...