Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wellness Wednesday: Healthy Coconut Oil

*I received this product for evaluation purposes. All opinions expressed are my own.*


     Do you use coconut oil? If you have yet to discover the many benefits and uses of coconut oil, there are a ton of them! Coconut oil is one of those "good fats" that are supposed to be ok for us to have and actually help us burn fat.
     Barlean's Organic oils was nice enough to send me a jar of their coconut oil. It actually smelled and tasted like coconut oil should smell like and lends a pleasant (but not overwhelming) coconut taste to foods it's cooked in.
      I used to take 2 TBSP of oil daily. On these days, I felt like I had less "cravings" than usual. I also feel like it helped my digestion. This website has a lot of info on coconut oil, including many benefits and info on how it has helped some people lose weight.
     You can use coconut oil in all kinds of recipes, both sweet and savory and it also does great things for your skin and even your hair. Check out this recipe for peanut butter freezer fudge that uses coconut oil. Coconut oil is also a key ingredient in this recipe for homemade diaper ointment. For a list of 300+ uses for coconut oil, check out this post on Hybrid Rasta Mama's blog.
     Barlean's organic Oils is committed to providing their customers with high quality, all-organic and non GMO products. They distribute an assortment of products rich in omega 3's, such as flax seed, chia seed, fish oils and more. 
     You can check out Barlean's and all the wonderful, healthy products they offer at: 
     *The Barlean's website
     *facebook 
     *twitter


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free for evaluation purposes. However, all opinions expressed are still 100% my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16, CFR part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Please see my full disclosure policy HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Question? Comments? Or just say hi! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...