Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: Survey Sites part 4



     Okay, a couple weeks ago, I went into all my grievences with programs like Inbox Dollars and Panda Research. Now I want to tell you about the sites that are a little similar to those, but ones I actually like.
     The first one is Swagbucks. If you've been online any amount of time, you've probably heard of Swagbucks before. If you haven't signed up for it and would like to, you can do so here.
     Swagbucks is a little like Inbox Dollars and the others in that it does offer points for shopping and signing up for stuff and it does offer surveys (which usually don't offer enough for me to bother with), but it also offers you points (or Swagbucks) for things that the others don't.
     Swagbucks started out as a search engine. And they will randomly give you "swagbucks" for doing web searches on their search engine. Web searching is something we probably all do anyway. So why not get rewarded for it?
     There are also daily things you can do, like the NOSO (no obligation special offers) and take the daily poll. If you have the toolbar installed, you automatically get a swagbuck for logging in. You'll get 4 points for those 3 things. No it's not much (it takes 450 swagbucks to get a $5 Amazon card) but it adds up over time.
     MyPoints--This is another shop-to-earn site where you get points for shopping through them and will occassionally get points for other things. I believe they occassionally offer surveys, but I don't think they pay much.
     The main reason I actually signed up with MyPoints was because of their affiliation with BzzAgent. I'll talk about BzzAgent in another post. Just like swagbucks you can usually get points by shopping. My favorite thing to get is Magazines (via myPoints' partnership with Magazines.com). I get points by linking to magazines.com through MyPoints.
     So check them out, have a little fun. ;-)

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info...I've always wondered about the survey sites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great ideas for picking up some spending money. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's not much, but it can add up, depending on what you do. You can check out parts 1-3 under the "frugal living" tab. :-)

      Delete
  3. I have tried different sites haven't earned anything soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some of them seem to have gone downhill as far as offerings.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the heads up on these, I used to use Inbox Dollars a lot but stopped a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way as you, Swagbucks is the best one for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on MyPoints but haven't tried Swag Bucks yet. Been meaning to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had been wondering whether to sign up for swag bucks. As for the survey sites, they always annoy me, I will go through several pages of respnses, only to be told, "sorry, you don;t qualify for this survey" .... ummm, what was I just doing??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and the swagbucks surveys are no different--which I why I usually don't mess with them. But I get me "swagbucks" other ways. :-)

      Delete

Question? Comments? Or just say hi! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...