Friday, August 3, 2012

Quaker Soft Baked Banana Nut Bar


     I recently got a beauty voxbox from influenster and I will get to each of the items in turn, but the first thing I tried was the Quaker Soft Baked Banana Nut Bar


     Now, personally, I'm not a huge fan of banana nut bread and especially not of nuts. But I'm probably in the minority an my daughter really liked it. It was coated with almonds (so beware if you're allergic!). 
     If you're watching your calories, counting points or whatever, this isn't a bad snack. It is about 140 calories and it has 3.5 g of fat and 5g of fiber. I always look for fiber and 4g's or less of fat in my snacks. Most people don't get their recommended daily amount of fiber (25g for women and 35 for men). Of course it is best to get in whole grains and veggies, but if you can get a few grams in a great tasting snack or treat, why not? 
    I did try the bar and it was ok, but like I said, I'm not a huge fan of banana nut bread. If I were, I know I would like these. I would like to try an apple cinnamon flavor in these. That would be awesome! 
     And here's a pic for fun. Now that's happiness!


*I received this product as part of influenster's voxbox program. All opinions expressed are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Question? Comments? Or just say hi! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...